Monday 4 April 2011

Is this the end of the road?


Once again Arsenal has disappointed us its loyal fans. I watched the match against Blackburn with so much believe in my heart that “we” would get something out of the match. Minutes turned to 1 hour and at the end of the of 1 hour 30 minutes, I was close to tears, my beloved Arsenal could not grind out one goal….just one! *SIGH*

The problem for me was not even the result but the lack of desire the players on the pitch showed. They played like players who had nothing at stake, they played as if they already knew the result of the match. Winners don’t play the way Arsenal played on Saturday. Just a few hours earlier on Saturday, Manchester United proved and showed that they have the champions mentality coming back from two goals down to defeat the unlucky West Ham.

I was so disappointed in what I saw on Saturday that I couldn’t bring myself to writing an article for this blog. The good thing is that I’m not the only one who saw the lack of desire and hunger the team showed on Saturday but Mr Wenger himself admitted “we were just one-paced and that is not our game. We had nothing in the tank to produce a change of pace. We looked very predictable and usually we are not.”

I could only pick out Jack Wilshere, Van Persie & Nasri as the players who showed a little bit of desire but not enough to raise the team. Arshavin is beginning to look like the player we all know but he still needs to work on his confidence level. Fabregas came on and didn’t do much, Wilshere missed a sitter and generally the team just could not get themselves together.

For dedicated followers of this blog, you would have noticed that I have screamed the word SHOOT!!! Several times. I don’t know if there is a policy at Arsenal not to shoot the ball because that is the only reason anyone can give me for their refusal to shoot when they get around the box  of the opponent. It hurts me to see so much play around the opponents box but no one wants to take the responsibility of shooting. Arshavin who would normally shoot is just finding form and Rosicky who attempts to shoot too is seriously out of form and is way down the pecking order.

The title seems to be out of “our” hands right now and we now have to watch and hope that Manchester United drop points. We really need this trophy. My friend asked me after the match on Saturday “Is this the end of the road?” and been an optimist and a loyal Arsenal fan, I replied NO! We can still do it. Arsenal just have to pick themselves up, encourage one another and fight together. I remain a Gunner till I drop and haters can say what they like.

No comments:

Post a Comment